Blog writing can be a bit of a marmite affair – you either love it or hate it. You probably have days full of ideas and then writers block when it comes to putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard). If like me you have your best ideas when you are driving and forget them by the time you can write them down, then you have the added frustration of knowing what to write about.
Then there is the feeling of accomplishment and relief when you have completed your blog, updated your website and filled your social media feeds and newsletter with links to it. But then what? What else can you do with a blog?
Have you considered asking to do a guest blog on a contact or client’s website? You probably have a number of contacts or possibly clients where you provide complimentary services and knowledge that will be of interest to their customers and contacts.
But why would you do this? What value does guest blogging bring you?
- Guest posts promote your products and knowledge to a new audience and potential new customers
- They increase your brand awareness
- They drive traffic to your website as some readers will go to your website to find out more about you and your offering and may sign up for your newsletter
- Support your social media strategy as you find a wider audience for your content
- Guest blogs can be a great for SEO purposes as links back to your site carry extra weight on search engine algorithms
A guest blog doesn’t need to be something new – you can re use a blog you have previously written and just update it adjust it for the audience.
So don’t be afraid to ask to do a guest blog, and if someone offers you the opportunity then don’t think twice about it.
We are looking for guest blogs for 2018, so if you have a topic you think would be of interest to us, and our clients, then email Hilary – firstname.lastname@example.org