In every business there are periods of time when you appear not to have anything to do. You could idly spend these minutes, hours or days idly staring out of the window, shopping on the internet, playing games on your smart phone of choice or watching time sapping daytime TV. Or you can make use of these valuable periods to look at your business and review where you are.
We all know that in the hubbub of dealing with clients, providing goods or services that the more mundane things can get overlooked.
There is so much you can use this bonus time for:
- Writing blogs.
- Find a networking event.
- Update your web site to keep it fresh.
- Getting your office records up to date.
- Actually calling that contact you’ve been planning to call.
- Review your business plan.
- Check your stock is up to date and order anything you need.
- Use social media to promote your business and engage with other businesses.
- Backup your records.
- Anything else you’ve been putting off but really need to do.
These are just 10 quick ideas, every business has much more that could be done to utilise these valuable periods and not waste them on non productive items. Even simply letting your mind wander freely over things that have happened recently could spring new ideas.
In short you never have nothing to do, it’s more about how you can fit in all the things that tend to get overlooked.